Another Newbie

Hi everyone!
Thank you Anna for having me join.

I'm Isabelle and blog at Kitty Couture; I'm French, and live in Paris.

I've been following the Sew Retro blog for several months now and have been meaning to participate for a while. This is such a great community blog. The new challenge for the next few months, No More Buts, is what gave me the final impetus to join. I was hoping to do the vintage contest on patternreview.com, but got too busy to manage and make a vintage dress in time. :(
Now, I don't only sew vintage (far from it), but I'm fascinated with the New Look era - and am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn.

Posts are always more enjoyable with pictures, so here's a vintage project I completed last spring:

The pattern dates from 1964.
The dress wraps in the back.
The fabric is vintage.


Front --------- Back

I'm really hoping to get more vintage sewing done in the months/year to come... Including making a petticoat to go with my full-skirted frocks!

My next vintage project should be the Simplicity 3673 re-release. I'll be making - you probably guessed it - the full-skirted version.

Happy sewing everyone! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.