Inspired by Sew Retro

I've been looking for this pattern since August of 2007 and I got it for pretty cheap in a lot of about 10 patterns last week and it just had to be made up. Okay, I'll admit I only looked for this pattern for about a month and I'd kinda forgotten about it until I was getting ready to post this here, but that just goes to show that things can eventually go your way.

Here's Livebird's version:


Since my pattern was a size 16 with a 34 inch bust, I did need to grade it up. Mostly I just added 1/2 inch to the side seams and the part that crosses over and that took care of the discrepancy. Like Livebird says, this is a short shirt, so when I make it again I'll probably add a few inches to the bottom, but leave the ties where they are. I chose a cute spring-y print in a cheap fabric that's been languishing in my stash since the winter of 07, hmmm a coincidence? I haven't worn it out of the house yet, but I think it'll look awesome with the high waisted pencil skirt I made a couple of months ago from a modern McCalls pattern that's seriously easy and flattering.