It's Been a While!




It's already Summer here, so I am thinking about using some of my stash to make a nice, float-y skirt.
My two candidates are patterns from the late-70s: B6277 (which I've made a few times) and Mc5392 (which I've made once).


The advantage to the Butterick is that it's made of panels and I can use some reclaimed fabric. The disadvantage is that it has a waistband and I don't like wearing anything around my waist in the Summer.

The advantage to the McCall's is that it sits lower (on my hip bones) and has a faced waist as well as a nice front yoke detail. The disadvantages are that it takes quite a bit of yardage.
What do you folks think?

By the way, sorry that I haven't contributed in so long! The GOOD NEWS is that I have finished Graduate School!!

Now, I have more time for sewing!