Hello! and Mad Men Entry

Hello! This is my first post on this site. I've been visiting the site for a little while now and I've just decided to join in. I've been really into sewing vintage for awhile now. I was really into sewing period evening gowns when I was in high school, and I've recently returned to the art to explore other vintage sewing opportunities!

I'd thought I'd introduce myself to the community by posting a few entries for the Mad Men contest. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the photos; I only have an old, low quality digital camera at my disposable.

The first dress would be a Joan business dress, brightly colored and form fitting. She would most likely wear it with a stylish brooch, but I substituted an orchid:




This was made from Simplicity pattern 4298




The next would be a Joan evening gown. I've seen a lost of versions of the Butterick reprint 6582, and this is my version.



It's made with a bright green satin and I added the shoulder bows for the added early 60s feminine flair:





Lastly, I'd like to show what I'd consider my Peggy party dress. The color is a bit bold, but it's conservative enough to work, with a cardigan perhaps.






This last one was made from Simplicity pattern 3346



I look forward to participating further on this blog! I'm excited to be a part of it!