Hello from Tasmania

Simplicity 6440 from 1966


Hi I'm Jenny and I blog over at little jenny wren.
I am a doll maker and I like to dress my dolls in clothes based on vintage doll clothes patterns from the 1960s such as these below.


Mia's baby Sally in her sun suit and sun hat

McCalls 9449


I also make many of my own clothes and always have.
I love knitting and sewing.
I have a good collection of vintage patterns from the 1950s onwards.
My patterns are mostly inherited from my mother and Auntie Maisie plus some of the patterns that I originally learned to sew with , back in the early 70s are now considered vintage.
That's scary.



McCalls  4177


Lately I have become a bit obsessed with children's sewing patterns mainly from the late 50s and early 60s.
I just love the artwork on them especially those from my favourite designer Helen Lee. 
I have started a new blog Sweet Things and I am going to chronicle my progress through all these sweet children's patterns.
Again most of my collection of patterns come from my mother and auntie but I am always on the look out for cute patterns up to size 6 .



McCall's 8123, Helen Lee pattern from 1965


So far for my first project I am only up to the cutting out stage but hopefully I will be able to give it a little more time very soon.


If you want to see more of my patterns you can visit my Flickr vintage pattern set