Decades of Style Pattern #3007

So far I've posted a few completed projects, to share my experience and elation at actually finishing. All your comments are super encouraging and help motivate me to jump in and complete another sewing project. What I haven't done yet is post simply to announce to someone other than myself my intentions for a new project, locking me into one of the many possible projects/patterns I have. I get so overwhelmed that I put off doing anything. So now with you all as an excuse, I can put all my patterns away but one. (*sigh of relief*)

Okay, here goes...my latest commitment is to make a dress from the Decades of Style pattern #3007, the 1930s button dress.

1930s_buttondress

The plan is to complete it by September 12th for the Gatsby Picnic.

Based on past experience, this completion date is a bit ambitious, although I have a few days off work this month and the design seems pretty straight forward plus I've found the fabric - yay!

Fabric
Fabric found at Peapod Fabrics, San Francisco

Locating fabric I like is so difficult, plus I'm not good (yet) at visualizing the fabric and the design together, but I'm feeling pretty good about this fabric. As soon as the pattern arrives, I'll get to work! I. will. finish. on. time. (Don't mind me as I repeat my aspiration a few times...I will finish on time. I will finish on time...) And I always love readers of my blog, so please come visit me some time!