Introduction & summer dress

Hello Sew Retro!

I'm happy to join this community after reading everyone's posts for months. As you can guess I like vintage fashion. I'm more into clothes from the 40's to the 70's, with a special interest in the 70's and, my favourite, 50's dresses and skirts. I find fashion from the 50's extremely elegant. I haven't made much things yet, but here is my latest vintage project: my first dress from a 50's pattern, made to go to a friend's wedding.





I made it from Simplicity 1201, which is actually a blouse pattern. I loved the neckline, it was just what I wanted for my dress. I shortened it and attached a simple gathered skirt. What is funny is that the result looks exactly like another pattern, Simplicity 1192. The dress is made out of cotton.



It isn't perfect. The top had to be taken in and it was my first time doing that kind of things. But I love it and wore it several times last summer. You can read more about it's creation and the pattern itself, as well as see a couple more pictures, on my blog here. The blog is in French and English, the English version being in italics (usually after French parts).

Thank you very much for the invitation, I hope to share more clothes and vintage inspiration in the future!

~lholy-chan, from Amelie no mori~