Vintage wedding dress advice needed

I'm getting married! And I'm going to do it in vintage style.

I've already found this pattern and am going to start work on the muslin this weekend.

My question is, what fabric? I love the look of it in white lace, but have never sewn a dress with a lace overlay before. Would this look good made in a dupioni silk instead?

For reference, I plan to make the full-skirted dress in white with a blue sash to match my blue heels. I will accessorize with a birdcage veil and small flower fascinator. Makeup will be simple eyes and red lips. Hair will likely be a soft fingerwave. The wedding will be a courthouse affair in May.

Any advice on fabric or construction will be greatly appreciated!

ETA: I live in Alaska, so my only fabric options are JoAnn or WalMart. If you have links to good fabric sites, please share!