Vintage Simplicity 3461 & 4841


Well I loved the first dress so much, that I decided to make it again.
This time in a seasonal Liberty tana lawn called Becky Jane. I love this dress - it's just perfect for spring!

As with my first version of this dress, the bodice was made with Simplicity 3461 and the skirt from Simplicity 4841, both from the 1960s.
I love the the kimono sleeves and really love the shape of the skirt. The two pleats at the front add a little interest, but all the darts shape it nicely. I think next time I'll shorten the bodice to the petite size as it does sit just a fraction below my waist. I also inserted the zipper on the side this time, just because the fabric is so lovely I didn't want a nasty zipper to break up the design. Other than moving the zipper and shortening the hem, this dress is very true to the original design.

More sewing adventures can be found on my blog.

Happy sewing!