Bring on Fall and lets get past this HEAT

For my fall project I am considering this pattern. It's not vintage or even "retro" but sure has a vintage styling to it.
I think in order to qualify for Retro it needs to be a pattern they already produced and are going back and reproducing with the "new sizing" (new sizing was introduced in the 60's - not so New anymore).
I have a piece of handwoven rayon that came off my loom 3 years ago, that I haven't done anything with yet, that I think I can get this jacket and dress out of.


Pics of my July project are forthcoming. I'm in alteration mode right now for kids going back to college - sorority dresses. And have to finish son's curtains before leaving here tomorrow - so my own project hasn't quite been finished. Story of my life.

For anyone wanting more/better info on working with cottons and linens in a traditional manner, and getting the best results (like how to hem a circle in a fabric that doesn't stretch or bend like that) I highly recommend this book. Click on the pic of the book for a link to the authors site - I know her, have taken classes from her, she is Fabulous!) and click on the Amazon icon for a link to the book.