Hello!

I'm so happy to join this lovely blogging community. I love retro clothing shapes and relentlessly stalk my local thrift stores for vintage fabric and linens. I'm working on expanding my actual vintage pattern stash, and in the meantime I often use retro reprint patterns. Most recently Butterick 4790, which I think is old hat for you all!
april dress
I have fun with the contrast created by using vintage fabric to sew more contemporary shapes- like making a little summer skirt out of a 60's tablecloth from Goodwill, and a messenger bag of 70's home decor fabric from the Alameda Flea Market
Tablecloth SkirtDSC02420

Otherwise, I blog craftyhere pretty much daily. And if you're going to be at Maker Faire this weekend, please come say hi at one of my sewing workshops on Saturday or Sunday!

My next mission is to learn how to make a proper fluffy petticoat for my circle skirts, and I'm sure being here will spur me on to success. If you have a favorite pattern, please let me know. I'm so inspired by you all here at Sew Retro!