Vintage knitter and sewer from Sweden

Hello everyone! I just joined Sew Retro and I must say I'm happy to have found you guys! Reading this blog is a great source of inspiration. I've always loved fashion from all eras and have started a collection of vintage sewing and knitting patterns, mainly from the 40's and 50's because that's what's mostly available here in Sweden. I haven't attempted buying anything from e-bay yet, but considering what's available there, I probably will in the future. I'm mostly interested in fashion and patterns from the 30's, 50's and early 60's but I try to collect anything from the 20s to 60s.

So far I have a couple of knitting works in progress based on vintage patterns and I'm just in the process of making my first dress from an actual vintage pattern. I have sewn a dress from a Vintage Vogue pattern before, but I don't have any photos of it, I'll make sure to take some and then I'll show it to you.

Here's a photo of the pattern I'm working with right now, it's the one on the right with short sleeves.


I like the pattern very much, and I will probably us it more times, I'd like to make the sleeveless version, too, eventually. The sizing is a bit strange, it's based on a persons height instead of circumference measurements! I ended up making the largest one, but I still had to add about two inches around the hips. Apart from that, it seems to fit perfectly and I'm very excited about finishing it so I'll have a new stylish dress to wear this upcoming summer.

/Katarina
Stockholm, Sweden

Oh, and here's a link to my blog: Knitting with Katarina