Vintage Inspired

So, neither of these two garments are from vintage patterns, but they are both made from vintage/thrifted fabric which gives them a retro feel/look.


The minidress is a Built by Wendy pattern (with a few of my alterations) and the fabric is an old bedsheet I bought at a garage sale 5 years ago. It only cost me 50 cents. With its acid green colour, geometric print and mini length, this dress feels like something from the late 60s/early 70s. Now all I need are some white go-go boots!



The halter top is a Simplicity dress pattern that I shortened into a shirt. It has boning in the midriff at the back and sides so it fits really well and the back stays up perfectly. The fabric was a table cloth that I bought at a thrift store. The checked print reminded me of 50s-era summer clothes, and what's more 50s summer than a halter top?