Warm and Snuggly



The robe I wear in the winter for the past couple of years has been a hot pink polar fleece monstrosity that was given to me. Perfectly functional, but hot pink isn't really my color. Before that, it was a fire engine red one, with puppy dogs, also a gift.

So when I came across a couple of really cool vintage patterns for maxi-length robes, which to me look a lot more elegant than the average bathrobe, I thought it was the perfect solution. I decided to try this one out using a couple of polar fleece blankets I bought at Walgreens instead of buying actual fleece yardage (which was more expensive). There wasn't quite enough material in the blankets to make the long sleeves shown on the pattern envelope, which was okay with me, since cooking eggs, hot burners, and sweeping synthetic sleeves don't exactly mix well, especially when you add in the "blurry eyed and sleepy" factor.

My favorite part by far of this robe is the trim, pictured here in it's full, up-close awesomeness. It reminds me of some footie pajamas I had when I was a kid.

The pattern went together very easily and quickly, although it was apparently designed for a woman approximately 5 feet, 9 inches tall. I had to cut off six inches to get it to the right length for me, and I usually only have to cut two inches off of patterns.