Belated Easter Dresses



Excuses, excuses. I'm late -- had to get Easter skirts done and then get a whole household full of girls ready to leave for a week of spring break in Orlando. Then I had no internet access while there. And the pattern is copywritten 1985 -- sorta vintage, does 20+ years old count? --
Ah well. Here they are anyway. I changed the skirt up a bit. Instead of a waistband, I used quilt binding in white -- my girls are so used to skirts sitting down on their hips that the waistband sitting at the waist just did not work. The girls loved the side-seam pockets, on both sides instead of just the left. And I used a back zip instead of a button opening in the left pocket.
Very easy, very quick (thank God!) and everyone looked like a collection of Easter eggs. The biggest problem was the shopping for the tops so everyone would coordinate. More on my own blog at www.blondiejenthemom.blogspot.com.
P.S. One more thing that made them easy -- for the hems, I just turned it up about 1/4" wrong side up, and stitched white grosgrain ribbon over it. I love the way it weights the hemline and accents the white dots.