Dream a Little Dream



I made these spring-themed cotton pajamas from a 1950s pattern bought from Out of the Ashes. I took a picture of the pattern but the camera battery died before I could get it onto Flickr!

I am obsessed with vintage nightwear, housecoat, and robe patterns. Wearing pretty pajamas lends a little bit of elegance to those times when I'm not at my prettiest.

I wish the camera battery hadn't died, because I wanted to take close-ups of all the neat little details there were on this pattern. The pants have a button closure at the waist instead of today's lazy elastic waistband. And TWO rows of topstitching on almost every seam! I was really happy with how professional-looking it came out.

And check out the pants cuffs - that was a little idea of my own. I figured the PJs were matchy-matchy enough already, why not take it that extra mile?

Lastly, do you like my teacup prop? Ever notice how old loungewear patterns always show the illustrated model holding a cup, book, or hairbrush? Love those details.