The Venus de Milo of Dresses

This is Style 4408, from 1973. I made attempted to make the view with the short sleeves, without the little tie at the neck. I bought this pattern in a B42, even though I am B36 (when stuffed). I had to do some major adjusting to the bodice to deal with that extra six inches of fabric in the bodice. I was just making it up as I went along, which usually works for me. This time, not so much. Still, it's my favorite sewing project so far.



This was supposed to be my first atttempt at set-in sleeves. My complete lack of consideration of the armscye in my adjustments made the sleeves impossible, especially for my first try with sleeves. I improvised with some double-fold bias tape and made it sleeveless. You can read all about it in tedious, rambling, excuciating detail here.