Summer Dresses

I've been busily sewing up my daughter's summer clothes recently. I think she's grown a foot since last summer. Here a few that I just finished.

First is a 1940s Advance pattern in size 4. I did view 1, the center dress, but omitted bias trim on the shoulder ruffles and used the rolled edge function on my serger instead. This pattern was a bit of a challenge, I don't enjoy using patterns this old. While I love the graphics and the wonderful clothing designs I don't enjoy deciphering the vague instructions. The dress has "issues" where the sides meet the skirt part. It's still a fun playdress, though. The fabric is Alexander Henry cotton woven. Next is an undated Anne Adams mail order pattern, also in size 4. I adore this one, particularly the heart pocket. It was very simple and the instructions were straightforward. I love the shorts that go underneath, too. The fabrics are American Jane for Moda and Aunt Sukey's Choice.
Now if we could just get the weather to warm up a bit . . .
Thanks for looking!