Bangin' Butterfly Blouse

I knew there was a reason I love fashion from the 30's and 40's! The garment cuts are so flattering! This simple wrap blouse (that I know is hard to see due to the fabric pattern) is another pattern from Decades of Style pattern company. The 1930's Butterfly Blouse and it will be made again and again! I can't believe this is only 3 (pattern) pieces! I did not follow the recommended fabrics and paid the frustration price. In future I will use drapey fabrics that can hold a crease. Like silk or rayon. I used a 100% polyester that has great weight and drape but was difficult to work with and required a lot of pinning to hold it in place while I sewed it. I actually almost melted a hole in it with my iron trying to get some semblance of a crease to happen! I started this a couple weeks ago and finished it September 22, 2008.