The Maternity Muu Muu....NOT



I found this dress pattern in the maternity section at Lanetz Living. That's probably why it was there long enough for me to debate for weeks to buy it. I'm not sure many modern women want to knowingly make a muu-muu to wear when they're pregnant. However, since I wasn't in the "family way" I thought McCall's 6712's belted version was adorable. The fact that it had a self-fabric belt and pockets just made it ideal.




Worn with cheap but lovely 50's-style jacket from Forever 21.

As soon as I saw this Denyse Schmidt "Katie Jump Rope" fabric I knew it was the one. Now, why it took me an entire year to make this dress though, is a mystery. But it is now done and just in time to catch the dwindling summer days of 2008. In addition, if I find the right knitted cardigan it could possibly stretch into fall.

For more construction details, see my blog post here.

Please excuse the blurry full-length photo.