Peggy. I think.

Hello All!

My name is Jo and I'm making my first Sew Retro post by tossing this dress into the Mad Men contest ring. 


Here is the 1955 cheongsam pattern I used.


Try as I might, I couldn't quite match the smug expression of the model on the envelope. I'm beaming because I finally used the Waverly Toile I scored for $3 a yard that was languishing in a storage bin. And I tied those frogs myself. If you'd like to read more about this dress please check this post on my blog. I'm a big fan of the sheath dress and this is my first attempt at one. I see more in my future.

Now when I asked my mom what character she thought would wear this and she said, "It's a sheath so Joan." Joan? Really? "Well maybe Betty." Hmm. I think this is Peggy at her most sophisticated. The buttoned up-ness of it all, the not bold print, and it has a collar. It seems Peggy is all about the collar. But I'm open to suggestions. If not Peggy, then who do you think would wear this?