Introduction + Pink frenchy fabric dress!



Hello crafty mavens, my name is Enken and I live & sew in the hot and dusty city of Adelaide, South Australia! I dearly love vintage clothing, but being a swing dancer is very hard on beautiful old clothes so I mostly sew my own 'vintage' from old-school patterns these days. My favourite thing about vintage clothing is the detail we just don't find anymore, like handmade buttonholes and embroidery, and I try very hard to incorporate these touches into my own sewing. I just finished this dress, it's made from a vintage Vogue pattern which was reissued as Vogue V2960. I found the fabric in an op-shop, it has darling little pictures of French cafes and the Eiffel Tower on it! The buttons are also vintage plastic ones; it took me a long time to find the perfect ones.





Thanks for looking! I have a brand new vintage sewing blog at Whipstitch Sewing. More details there! xo