Party Dress Entry

As another member said recently, having silly season party dresses made from cotton is an absolute must in Australia! My dress looks a little casual compared to some of the gorgeous taffeta creations we've seen so far, but it's a party dress none the less! Friends and I are going out for mai-tais as soon as exam results are out (whether it is to celebrate or drown our sorrows remains unclear as of yet :/ )



The pattern is one I'm sure many of you are familiar with - Butterick 6582. The facings left me in tears, but I pushed through and am overall pretty happy with the results (as long as you don't look too closely!) Stories about how others tackled this dress would be much appreciated - I'd love to get some hints before I try making the full skirted version :)

Read more at my blog: http://thebarnothing.blogspot.com/