Vogue 2609

Here's my entry in the November Party contest - my Halloween outfit, Vintage Vogue 2609. It went to quite the party - the New York City Dances of Vice Halloween party.

It was an Edward-Gorey-themed party (at times, quite loosely) and I thought a deep-colored version of this pattern would fit right in. So I made one. Out of $2-per-yard satin. (And some weird kind of latex fabric that I accidentally bought for the contrast.)

Though it was a bit long, it was great for the party and I thought it looked lovely. The art-deco styling makes me want to make a really classy version of this - from some lovely fabric - and wear it to the fanciest ball I can find. (The capelet, high neck line and open back make even this under-$20 version feel fancy and classy!)
Awkwardly brushing out the edges of the
caplet featured in this pattern

The open-back design!
(That tie at the bottom is supposed to be
tacked down - pshaw, it's fine!)



Read the dirtier, minute-r details over at The Year 2050... Halloween edition!