1940's Blouse Finished!

The 1940's blouse I have been working on this month from the DuBarry 5327 Pattern (1942) is finished!


I chose to view 2A in a nice flower pattern with fabric I had picked up at a JoAnn's fabric store on the Oregon Coast.

Despite being an unprinted pattern, I found all the directions and actual construction to be fairly easy.  This was a lot of 'firsts' for me: first unprinted pattern, first pleats, first gathers, first buttonholes, first covered buttons, first hem, and my first set-in sleeves.  I definitely plan on using this pattern again and again!

The sleeves have these great little pleats on them:






There are pleats at the bottom front and back which makes it super easy to tuck this blouse into pants or a skirt.  The pleats on the back also give a bit of a pouffy look to the back which I think is great:


 And I covered the buttons in the front with the same fabric:



Check out more at my blog.  Ah, I love it!!  Now I feel inspired to make a 1940's skirt in a matching color (purple??)