Introduction and New Years Eve Frock!

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been following Sew Retro since a lovely friend of mine introduced it to me some 18 months ago when I began sewing.

The gorgeous creations of the sewists of Sew Retro have been so inspiring for me. Many a time I have fallen completely in love with a pattern posted here and had to go searching for it (or something similar). Likewise with fabric.

I sew both vintage and modern patterns, and have begun to chart my sewing journey on my brand new blog: boodogg.blogspot.com -- it is all about my sewing, and my pup, Bessie (or otherwise {affectionately} known as 'Boo Dogg' by all who know her). Bessie is my loyal sewing companion and commiserates with me when I have a sewing upset, and rejoices when all goes well.


This is the dress I sewed for new years eve. It is the Vogue 2960 reproduction pattern and was a dream to sew. I only changed two things - I did not do the bound buttonholes (they scare me mildly) and I did not add the internal belt as I thought it would make the dress a little bulky. The fabric was my christmas present from my husband.

We had a blast and I felt very glamourous in my frock! There are more pics coming on my blog if you'd like to see more!