Intro and first project

Hello, my name is Makenzie and I'm new to Sew Retro! I've always been interested in vintage fashion and patterns, but this is my first try. Actually, this dress was my first for a lot of things! This is the first pattern I have completed by myself (mom helped me sew in high school) and I am very proud of it. It is McCall's 5774 view B from 1961, a shirtwaist with a rounded collar and short cuffed sleeves. The fabric I used is a peach quilter's cotton with white and brown clamshells!



I deepened the hem to about 6 inches, which I think gives the skirt a little more body. I also have the sleeves rolled up in this photo, and I'm wearing a purchased belt instead of the fabric one that the pattern called for. I have more pictures (with twirling!) on my blog, The Workbasket . Thanks for looking! Happy Sewing!!