A Playsuit for Tiki Nights

Happy New Year everyone! I have been dying to sew a playsuit for our insanely hot summers, and I finally bit the bullet and cut into this cute retro quilting fabric I have been hoarding. I used a vintage McCalls pattern for a bathing suit that I bought years ago in Hobart, but left off the gathering on the legs for a more flattering look. I also added some straps for ease of wear. Apart from the twenty four (!) darts in the bodice, it all went together really fast. And so comfy! I can definitely see myself wearing playsuits more often.


Isn't that beach coat cute as well? Imagine wearing this in the ocean - stiff cotton with many layers - you would get waterlogged very quickly I think! Oh, and lets not forget the boning in the bodice! There are more photos and details to be found on my blog, Whipstitch Sewing. Thanks for looking! xoxo