Simplicity 3791

Hey Peeps! I'm back again today, as promised, to show you another skirt I finished up this past weekend.



I used a 1950's Simplicity 3791 dress pattern as a base for this skirt and made a simple rectangle waistband. I also didn't really care for the straight hem below the row of scallops in the original pattern so I used the same scallop facing from the dress to design my own white scalloped border. I top stitched the white scallops to the pink line of scallops in order to create this tiered effect.

Here's the original dress pattern:



This weather we're having has really gotten me longing for fun, summery skirts. Can you tell?! I feel like I should be eating some ice cream or holding a sucker every time I wear this skirt. heh


If you want to see more, I have some additional images on my blog zilredloh and I've also included a bit more detail about the construction there as well.


Have a nice Wednesday everyone! :)