My august project: a barkcloth jacket



I actually have tons of winter clothes - its my favorite season, because I love vintage suits, beaded sweaters, and vintage fur. I tend to be a bit at a loss in september through november, though, when its not really cold enough for all that wool. I love the look of a really neat, decorative jacket over a plain tee or tank with jeans, so I wanted to make myself a lightweight, fun jacket. I've had this pattern for quite some time and thought it would look great in this retro barkcloth from reprodepot.

I'm not sure if I'll do contrasting bias trim or self bias - contrast might be too much? It also looks like a more complicated pattern than I'm used too, although I have made hotpattern patterns before (I made the artful dodger cape jacket twice, once in faux leopard and once in lilac boucle as a warm spring jacket). I also still need to purchase lining material (ideally in one the brights from the pattern) and buttons (I see an M and J trip in my future!) we'll see how it goes!