Coquette Blouse (1928) by Eva Dress

I read a review of this pattern at the Pattern Review site and fell in love with it. I of course had to order the pattern. I did so and also ordered a 1950's style blouse pattern and a 1945 skirt pattern which I hope to make in the near future. I had to make several fitting adjustments as regretfully I am a little larger than the measurements for this blouse. All turned out I well I think. Those adjustments included full bust adjustment, adding width to waist and lengthening the top by 2 inches.

Here are two photos of the blouse, tucked and untucked.

It was a great experience using some sewing techniques that were different from my usual ones. The fitting adjustments were also a great opportunity to learn more about adjusting patterns to make them fit(successfully). This is a blouse for the upcoming spring season. You can read more about the making of this blouse at Danvillegirl Sewing Diary. Now that I have the fit down, I plan to make at least two more.