Everything old is new again...

Hi everyone! My name is Melissa, and I'm thrilled to become part of this blog. Sewing, crafting and anything else in that category have been passions of mine all my life, and Im suppose Im a "jack of all trades, but master of none", but I sure have fun! Similar to a lot of sewing blogs I have been reading lately, I have also become recently obsessed with sewing ANYTHING retro, particularly Jackie O type dresses, and vintage baby layettes and girls clothing. There have been a ton of new babies in my life lately....nieces, nephews and a ton of co-worker pregnancies, so I have been very inspired and have received some very encouraging oooohs and ahhhhs from my handmade gifts. The Jackie O thing has been an obsession of mine for awhile now....not really sure why, just her indiviuality and incredible sense of style continues to inspire me and my sewing efforts. Of course, discovering the wonderful world of vintage patterns on Ebay and other pattern sites has been a gold mine....too bad I dont OWN a gold mine!
A bit about me...I am a pediatric nurse in a very busy children's hospital in Chicago. It's my second career that I began about 9 years ago. Before that I taught Special Ed, and raised my three great kids (who are now 26, 23 and 16) Been married to a great guy for 28 years, this summer, and we have the obligatory family dog, Wrigley, and when anyone asks what breed he is, we just say "Brown".
I have started a blog, but admittedly, have so much to learn about the whole "genre" yet, including how to add pics and links and things. My daughter is going to show me the ropes, and soon my blog that I started "SewObsessed" will have pictures instead of sewing ramblings! I am still always amazed at how computer savvy my kids are, and sincerely wish I had not dropped out of high school typing to take ceramics! I still have the first pot I ever threw, but that doesnt help with my typing! Who would have known?
I'm enjoying all of you, and your links and blogs! Melissa