Sew Happy to Sew Retro!


Hi Everyone! My name is Lisa and I am new to Sew Retro (thanks, Anna!). I am really looking forward to sharing my sewing projects and thoughts with everyone here! I have been sewing over 35 years and love it! I am a vintage pattern addict. I just love pouring over the old styles. Currently I am into the 60s and early 70s. I also sell patterns and other stuff on eBay. Have been doing this for years . . . I became a stay at home Mom after our youngest child, Ben was diagnosed Autistic 8 years ago. Now I can buy all the patterns I can find and sell the ones that I don't use. You can make a much better deal at the yard sale when you buy the whole box!!!!


My current project (just cut out yesterday) is this 60s robe/housecoat. I am making it out of a cute flannel because it is still pretty cool here where I live in Eastern Oregon. The flannel is a light blue check with big red cherries. I have some really cool big red buttons that I am going to add and maybe some rick-rack too! I like the way the neckline is not constricting and there is no collar. Also the three-quarter length sleeves won't get mucked up in the kitchen. I will post a photo when I finish it!


If you want to read more about me you can check out my blog at The Hem Line and if you would like to check out my eBay stuff there is a link there as well!