Easter Dress




Better a little late than never! Isn't is such a yummy shade of chocolate Easter bunny brown? It's made from Advance 6781, an "American Designer" pattern featuring an original Judy & Jill design by Horwitz and Duberman.

The original dress had variations on the upper bodice; one had pin tucks and the other was plain. I decided that since I had four yards of the brown stripe in the stash, and this was the time to creatively use it for this dress. Instead of the pin tucks, I made tucks to bring the sections of cream stripes closer together. Along with all the pleats (48!) in the skirt, it gives an interesting effect to a potentially boring fabric.

I'm not sure if this says, "Thank God for Spring", but if you can forget about the chocolate bunnies and think of nice, rich brown earth ready for growing green things (if the snow in my yard would ever go away!), then maybe by a stretch it fits this month's theme.

For many more pictures and details, check my blog for the Easter Dress posts. They're in the category labeled "My Wardrobe".

Happy Spring,
Summerset