Mod Squad: now in colour

I've been straying from my usual 1940-1960 fashion obsession lately and when I found a red and white geometric print bedsheet at a garage sale this past weekend, I knew I had to make something a little more mod. This pattern, which has been sitting around feeling neglected all summer, was perfect.
I made view c, staying true to the pattern details (except for going up one size to a 36 bust, and using seam binding instead of facings for the neck and arms). The shaping is achieved with a small dart at the bust and a longer curved dart that starts around the hips, ending at the armsyce. This was the first time I had made a garment with a curved dart and I am super impressed with how it turned out.
The finished dress comes to mid-knee on me (I'm 5'6") and has a really great A-line shape, which is a little hard to see in the picture.
Here's a close-up of the collar detail:The button is also thrifted, but it's been sitting in a drawer for so long that I can't remember where I got it.
If I can ever track down some 60's metallic brocade, I'd love to make this again for a pre-disco-era glam feel.