New to Sew Retro

I am very excited to be able to join all the wonderful vintage sewers here on Sew Retro. My name is Lisa, but many people call me Lassie, thus the name of my blog. I live in New England and love to create. I paint, knit, sew, garden and do anything that keeps my creative juices flowing. I am the mother of two adult children and am looking forward to sewing vintage patterns for my grandchildren someday. I already have quite a collection!!

This is a rather new passion for me. I had my 50th birthday (link to photos of party) this past August and created a glamorous 50's themed party to celebrate. I ended up changing 3 times during the party so I could show off my wonderful finds.This got me obsessively looking for dresses on e-bay which then led to me looking at sewing patterns. I soon became hooked!!!

Now all I want to do is find wonderful patterns and fabric to sew with. I bought myself a new sewing machine and went to work. Here is a photo of my first attempt at vintage sewing created from Advance 6435. I see my bust is not as perky as the pattern drawing. LOL.


Here is a link to my blog post about the dress.

My next project is a circle skirt being made with a vintage fabric with parasols on it. It is also an unprinted pattern. Wish me luck.