Summer Holiday Dress!

I made this dress a few weeks back from some incredible vintage fabric I'd had stashed for longer than I can remember. I'm so grateful to my former-self that I didn't go crazy with the scissors, as I'm so happy with how this dress turned out, I can't imagine I would have done it justice previously.

I'm obsessed with late 1950's/early 1960's styles, but despite my ever-expanding collection of vintage patterns, nothing quite seemed to fit the bill. So I hashed together the pattern for this by adapting and frankensteining elements of some newer patterns, which thankfully worked well with a bit of tweeking.

I decided upon wide shoulder straps so I could wear a normal bra without the straps on show and ruining the effect. I also added a contrast red ruffle detail to make the whole thing pop a little bit more.

Check that fabric!!!! Don't you just want to be hanging out at that little bar there?! I know I do. Hanging out in an inferior bar in this dress will have to suffice instead.

For full details on this creations, check out my blog post.

Many thanks for all the inspiration you all give me, happy (retro) sewing!

Zoe xxx