Any Excuse to Dress Up

This is my version of Butterick 5032.  

I finished the project a couple of years ago, but this poor dress has been extremely neglected.  With Fall upon us, and cold weather closing in, I thought I would pull her out for one last fling before next year.

I have also used the capelet as a cover-up for an embroidered cotton summer dress with quite a bit of success.

Dress: Butterick 5603
Capelet: Butterick 5032

I was expecting to make the sheath dress and cummerbund, however, my fabric did not cooperate with me, and the cummerbund idea was abandoned.  In order to cover the skirt back, which had some fit issues, I used a contrasting cotton sateen and went from there.  I am actually happier with my cobbled together version than I probably would have been with my original idea.  I love when mistakes turn out to be for the best!

More pictures may be found over at my blog, Lilacs & Lace.