Halloween Witch from 1950's Advance Pattern

I had so much fun making this dress! My boys are having a Halloween party for their friends and as Mom-hostess, wanted to make something fun AND appropriate!

The skirt is from a Halloween cotton, "Bellknobs and Broomsticks" by Alexander Henry. The bodice is dupioni silk, embellished with decorative stitching and black glass beads at the neckline. I wore a petticoat that I made several years ago to give the skirt the correct fullness. The bodice is underlined in silk organza.

This was a great and easy pattern to make. The only thing I didn't personally like is that the styling on the midriff. It's designed to sit 1" above the natural waistline... that isn't the best style for me because my small waist is one of my better features that I usually like to make the most of.

Anyway, Happy Halloween!