Two Dresses from 1961

I have recently made up two dresses both dating 1961 from McCall's.  The thing I love about both these patterns is that they had hems lengths for different heights. And they worked perfectly.
McCall's 6139
Here is McCall's 6139.  It has fabulous details, like kimono sleeves, bound pockets and a bow belt.  I didn't change a thing and I love the result.  Very Pan Am.  You can read more here.




McCall's 5891
Then we have McCall's 5891.  A simple dress with a fabulous low back.  I lined this dress for modesty with a cotton voile so omited the bodice facings.  The fabric I used is vintage and I ran out of it to make a matching belt, so I made a contrasting belt with a bow.  I put the bias binding bow at the center back rather than front, which smartly covered the little gap at the top of the zip.  You can read more here