Jenny's Intro

I'm new to the blog, though I've been lurking for a while now. I'm really looking forward to participating in the blog and its challenges with sewers who appreciate vintage clothing as much as I do.

I'm the working mom of a toddler, so it seems I don't have quite as much free time to sew as I'd like but I'm planning to set aside some sewing time just for me. Sewing, though often frustrating for me, is such a pleasure.

I'm currently working on a red stretch velour nightie. I've been following a 1950s-era Butterick slip pattern (to the left). It's a fairly easy pattern all in all, but it seems that vintage patterns certainly have their quirks--but that's part of their charm.

Unfortunately my machine is on the fritz mid-project and, until I can get that problem figured out, I've got a half-clothed mannequin in my living room.

Anyway, I look forward to participating!

- Jenny